Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rolled Paper India Flag!!

Inspired by The Chocolate Muffin Tree's "Patriotic Folded Flag", We made some flags for Indian Independence Day while we were in India in August 2011. We made Our Tiranga!!!  This is a very simple paper flag which Putti and her friends enjoyed making. Here's she and some of her friends with their flags .
Pin It
First begin with a sheet of white rectangular paper . Fold the paper in quarters. Then open up the paper so you have four sections. Cut off one of the sections.

                                                      
Next, roll up from the other end of the paper as shown below which will become the flag pole. Use a piece of tape or glue to secure rolled paper from unrolling.  Once it is taped it is ready to be painted or colored with markers or crayons as the kids wish.        
      

Putti and her friends busy coloring the flags... 

Here's some of their flags drying..

Putti wanted to make a handprint India flag like the one we made earlier. So, I painted her hands and she printed it on the flag..

Here's her handprint Tricolour India Flag !!!
 

 India celebrates her 62nd Republic Day on January 26th commemorating the date on which the Constitution of India came into force. Wishing all my Indian friends a Very Happy Republic day !! Jai Hind !!!

Our other projects related to India:
Pin It Now!

10 Comments :

I love your hands on way you make things. Especially the hand flags. That really fun.

veronica

yay that was great putti- my Jui has made a paper flag and proudly put it on her room door. will post picture soon.

Thank you! Handprints are my favorite and my girl loves painting her hands and feet too:-)

What a very clever way to make a flag! I love it!! And the handprint is lovely too!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Thank you maggy, I know you too Looove handprints:) Thanks for hosting!

Love your art project! I featured it in my "Art Projects on a Budget for Montessori Environments #1" with a link back and your button (let me know if I can add one of your great art pics)!
http://montessorihomeschoolresources.blogspot.com/2012/02/art-projects-on-budget-for-montessori.html

This is a good artistic activity for children. It also fosters patriotism.

Post a Comment