Thursday, November 4, 2010

Paper Lantern...

Many families make Akash Butti (a colorful basket with a little lamp) and hang it in front of their doors for deepawali. I have heard stories of how my mother used to make them as a kid herself with her friends. But have not seen much of them myself.
I saw these paper lanterns at a chinese stall in the ’Asian festival' in our town. Putti did make a couple there that day. It seemed easy enough to try again. Here is what we made
Some of these are decorated with markers and paints!
This Video has a tutorial on how to make these.
Pin It Now!

3 Comments :

Lanterns ellaa chennagide! Mistake maadi hosa design create maadidra, nice!

wow
ಪುಟ್ಟಿ ಯಿಂದ ಆಕಾಶಬುಟ್ಟಿ!!!
My younger daughter Niharika got small clay lamps of different pattern and coloured them and took it to Kidwai memorial hospital (childrens cancer ward) They were lovely but i forgot to take a photo.
thanks dear. will go through putti's world in my leisure, with my girls besides me
:-)
ಎಮ್ ಎಸ್

ಮಾಲತಿ ಅವರೆ,
ಬ್ಲಾಗಿಗೆ ಬೇಟಿ ಕೊಟ್ಟು ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯಿಸಿದಕ್ಕೆ ವಂದನೆಗಳು!! ಮುಖ ಪುಸ್ತಕದಲ್ಲಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮಗಳ ಕೆಲವು ಪೈಂಟಿಂಗ್ಸ್ ಫೋಟೋ ನೋಡಿದೆ, ಬಹಳ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿವೆ:)
ಆಗಾಗ್ಗೆ ಬರ್ತಾಯಿರಿ!

Post a Comment